CITY OF MONTEBELLO - NEW Business License Application
What you need to know to get started
1. Business licenses are renewed on a calendar year basis.
2. Business start date is the date of payment.
3. Sole proprietorships or partnerships are required to provide social security #'s for all owners/partners.
LLC, Limited Partership, Trust or Corporations are required to provide a FEIN or SEIN for the business.
4. Please provde your DBA-FIcticious Business Statement/Articles of Incorporation or LLC. Also
provide any State Licenses/Permits and Sellers Permits.
5. If the business is located in the City of Montebello, you are advised to verify that your proposed business in an allowable use at the location before starting this process. Contact the Planning Department at (323) 887-1477 to verify if your business is a permitted use.
6. Please note that as part of the online application process you will be required to complete and upload the following documents, 1.) City of Montebello - Workers' Compensation Declaration and 2.) Air Quality Permit Checklist; these documents are available at the city's website Click Here
7. Please note: all documentation uploaded must be in PDF format.
8. Payment will not be required until your application has been accepted. You will receive an email verifying that your application has been accepted. Upon approval of your application, you will receive a second email containing the amount to make payment on-line.
**BE ADVISED**Submitting an application is not an authorization to conduct business. You must wait until the application is approved by the City of Montebello before commencing business.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Business LIcense Division at (323) 887-1449 or via email:Business.License@cityofmontebello.com
Thank you for selecting our city to do business, we wish you much success in your business venture!